niedziela, 13 maja 2012

28 000 Steps: Le Grand Canyon (Flins, Quartz Mountains)


The Grand Masters of the Knights Hospitaller around the time their Strzegom (Streigau) commanderie owned the Quartz Mountains:


Nicolas Lorgne (1277-1284) (the last one to be based in Palestine)
Jean de Villiers (1284-1294)
Odon de Pins (1294-1296)
Guillaume de Villaret (1296-1305)




[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knights_Hospitaller]


It was of them that I thought when setting out from Cr yesterday around 13.45, which was kind of late, but who am I to complain?


I head south-west, passing Leopoldsbaude...





 and after some time reaching Rozdroże and hitting the crystal path...




My destination:




But instead of taking the usual green or yellow route, I head offroad, or rather upstream. There is nothing like semi-wading, semi-climbing up a wild mountain creek strewn with crystals...





Sign of the Horned One says I'm getting close...



Emerging...
[Kamienica, 973 m, in the background]



There are places in the Quartz Mountains where...





Above forest level...






Entering the whale's belly, this Piraeus of the North...








This white mountain is an earth chakra that spews up the sperm of the gods: quartz, which means glass, which means screen (look at, or rather through, the Chartres stained glass compositions!), which means our whole civilisation... being rooted here...








Stiffening wind and impending sunset tell me it's time to be moving, though I'd really like to stay here overnight...







My catch from the day is so heavy I leave half of it, arranging the following impromptu installation:




The last slide on my backside:


Going back the same way...



I manage to catch the last whiff of sunset at the Leopold...




Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz